KHARTOUM - SUPER-DELUXE EDITION
KHARTOUM - SUPER-DELUXE EDITION
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM THAT SHIPS TO COINCIDE WITH THE RELEASE DATE
Release date: 3rd June, 2016
‘Khartoum - Original MGM Motion Picture Soundtrack’
2 x 'Sandstorm' Coloured 180gm Heavyweight 12" Vinyl LPs cut at 45rpm, Vinyl Replica CD
& Download - High-resolution WAV + MP3
Music Composed and Conducted by Frank Cordell
Stylotone in association with The Frank Cordell Estate and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer is proud to announce the World Premiere Release of 'Khartoum - Original MGM Motion Picture Soundtrack’ on its 50th anniversary.
For the first time ever, Frank Cordell’s superlative and rousing music for the epic Julian C. Blaustein Production - the last film of the Sixties to be shot in Ultra Panavision 70 before director Quentin Tarantino revived the format with ‘The Hateful Eight’, half a century later - comes to record shops in a Super-Deluxe Edition soundtrack package.
Over 60 minutes of music across three formats (Vinyl, CD & Download - High-resolution WAV & 320kbps CBR MP3).
The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack composed and conducted by Frank Cordell for ‘Khartoum’ has been assembled, mastered and cut at London’s world famous Abbey Road Studios to produce a stunning new master. The audio for this release has been overseen from start to finish by Grammy®-winning engineer Sean Magee, a member of the team that remastered The Beatles Catalogue in 2007 - he was also personally responsible for cutting their recent mono and stereo vinyl editions.
This Super-Deluxe Edition package has been produced to the absolute highest possible standard as if it had been released at the same time as the film, using manufacturers who are able to produce all the parts on exactly the same machines as used in the 1960s.
The ‘Khartoum’ Super-Deluxe soundtrack package is available in a “sandstorm” coloured vinyl edition featuring a spot-varnished 320gsm tip-on gatefold sleeve.
This edition includes:
- 2 x 'Sandstorm' Coloured 180gm Heavyweight 12" Vinyl LP cut at 45rpm
- A ‘Vinyl’ replica CD, housed in a spot-varnished scale-copy of the gatefold sleeve.
- A download card offering exclusive access to high-resolution 24-bit WAV and 320kbps CBR MP3 digital downloads of the entire deluxe soundtrack package.
- A 30” x 40” (762mm x 1016mm) British Quad Film Poster. The poster has been specially printed using original 1960s production processes - matching not only the poster weight of the time but also the correct machine folds (since film posters would be machine folded and inserted into large brown envelopes before arriving in the post at cinemas - this was before digital media, kids!)
- A certificate of authenticity personally signed by Mrs. Anja Cordell, the composer’s widow
To round off this Super-Deluxe Edition package writer and director James Dearden - son of the film’s director - offers a personal insight into the making of this British Empire epic.
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION
Currently, orders containing multiple products will only be dispatched when all items within that order are available for shipping. To receive individual products as soon as they become available, please make sure to place separate orders for each item.